(Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)
1) Alabama (8-0) – Nick Saban has had we week to get ready with a big matchup against LSU in Tuscaloosa.
2) Georgia (8-0) – The Bulldogs continue to steam roll through the SEC.
3) Ohio State (7-1) – What a massive come from behind win for the Buckeyes against number two Penn State. Ohio State is back in the College Playoff picture, like we knew they would be.
4) Wisconsin (8-0) – The Badgers took care of Illinois and continue to take care of business on their side of the B1G.
5) Clemson (7-1) – Clemson came to play against Georgia Tech. They displayed how dominant they can be once again. When it is all said and done, the Tigers will be in the playoff.
6) Notre Dame (8-1) – Notre Dame is one point away from being undefeated. They showed how good of a team they are in a massive win over a good NC State team. The College Football Playoff committee will be much nicer to Notre Dame than I am being right now. Do not be surprised to see them in the playoff picture later on today.
7) Miami (7-0) – Although they have not put together a comfortable win since Duke in September, Miami escaped October undefeated. The Hurricanes carry the nations longest active winning streak — 12 games. The Canes host Virginia Tech in a matchup that could decide the ACC Coastal.
8) Penn State (7-1) – Penn State was leading the whole game, but could not close it out when it mattered most. A late Ohio State touchdown was the dagger for the Nittany Lions, who fell 39-38.
9) Oklahoma (7-1) – The Sooners took care of a powerful Texas Tech offense on the road. It was a homecoming for Baker Mayfield, who started his career with the Red Raiders. Bedlam looms on the horizon in a big College GameDay matchup.
10) Virginia Tech (7-1) – The Hokies have outscored their last three opponents 106-20. Their team is clicking on all cylinders and Justin Fuente believes they are the best team in the ACC. They will have to prove that against a tough Miami team in a top 10 matchup in South Florida.
11) Oklahoma State (7-1) – The Cowboy offense stalled a bit against Texas last weekend, but bounced back in a big way at West Virginia. Stillwater is going to be absolutely nuts for this weekends matchup with Oklahoma.
12) TCU (7-1) – Turnovers killed the Horned Frogs who dropped a big game at Iowa State. The Big 12 just got a lot more interesting. The Frogs travel to Austin to take on a confident Texas team that could be catching the Frogs at a great time.
13) Washington (7-1) – The Huskies are still in a position to win the PAC 12 and they probably will. The loss to Arizona State put them on the back burner, but they are still very relevant. It must be those 10:30 start times.
14) UCF (7-0) – This team will not lose. Period. I wonder where Scott Frost will end up next year?
15) USC (7-2) – After getting demolished by Notre Dame, the Trojans put a similar beat down on Arizona State in a Pac 12 After Dark game. They host Khalil Tate and the potent Wildcat offense this weekend.
16) Stanford (6-2) – Last week, I talked about the risk factor in Thursday night road games. Oregon State gave Stanford a real scare, but the Cardinal found a way to pull it out.
17) Iowa State (6-2) – Matt Campbell has something going on in Ames. You will not find one person that would have told you that Iowa State would beat two top five teams this season. Oh, and they are playing their third string quarterback.
18) LSU (6-2) – The Tigers had a bye week to get ready for this weeks game, but so did Alabama. This matchup is always one of the best of the season and I expect this to be another great game. LSU plays hard and Alabama needs to respect them.
19) Auburn (6-2) – The SEC had plenty of bye weeks for some reason. Auburn has to travel to College Station to take on a Texas A&M team that just got smoked by Mississippi State. The Tigers host Georgia in two weeks.
20) Mississippi State (6-2) – Since dropping two straight (Georgia and Auburn) the Bulldogs have won three straight. They will likely make it four when as they host UMass this coming Saturday. Memphis (7-1) – Memphis’ only loss on the year came against a UCF team that does not look like they are going to lose at all. They have beaten two ranked teams this year and continue to prove they are worthy of being at least talked about.
21) NC State (6-2) – The Wolfpack suffered a tough loss to Notre Dame, but they kept it close in the first half. Notre Dame is as good as they have been and teams like NC State cannot always over come those types of teams. They are still very much in the picture in the ACC and they host Clemson in a game that will likely decide the ACC Atlantic. USF (7-1) – Unfortunately for the Bulls, their undefeated streak comes to an end in a tough home loss to Houston. They travel to Connecticut to take on the Huskies. Memphis (7-1) – Memphis’ only loss on the year came against a UCF team that does not look like they are going to lose at all. They have beaten two ranked teams this year and continue to prove they are worthy of being at least talked about.
22) Memphis (7-1) – Memphis’ only loss on the year came against a UCF team that does not look like they are going to lose at all. They have beaten two ranked teams this year and continue to prove they are worthy of being at least talked about.
23) USF (7-1) – Unfortunately for the Bulls, their undefeated streak comes to an end in a tough home loss to Houston. They travel to Connecticut to take on the Huskies.
24) Arizona (6-2) – If you have not heard of Khalil Tate you have to go search him up right now. The Wildcats quarterback is averaging 13.4 yards per carry and has 926 yards rushing with eight touchdowns. He has had a run go for over 70 yards in four consecutive games. That is something nobody has done in 10 years. The Wildcats have also won four straight games. They hope to make that five when they take on USC in Pasadena.
25) Michigan (6-2) – Welcome back, Wolverines. You have a couple of extremely winnable games coming up before you travel to Madison to take on Wisconsin. Prove that you belong.